Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Current News

Joel and I are now going to be part of a new worship team at Watertown E. Free, and we're both very excited about it! We had our first practice/get-to-know-you last night and are already scheduled to lead worship on December 11th. I am especially excited because it is something that we have both done in the past and now we get to share the experience together.
At Crown, we are already looking toward and preparing for spring semester - today was our departmental convocation, and we'll be registering for spring classes (and student teaching!) next week. The semester has flown by, but there is still so much to do. I'm finishing up practicum at Waconia HS and will be doing my student teaching at Orono HS. Please pray that God will continue to draw the teacher out of me, and that I can be more assertive, even if only in the classroom :)
We would like to thank friends and family SO much for all the help they have given to get the rental house ready, as well as ask for prayer that we will be able to finish soon and that God would provide renters ASAP (as in, before the snow flies!). There is still a lot to do, but we have made some great progress.
"By the grace of God we will carry on. His love endures forever. Sing praise!" - Chris Tomlin

2 comments:

  1. Cara! This is all great news! I'm excited to see how the rental house is coming along... pics? How soon until you're ready for renters? Praise God for his provision of a student teaching position at Orono... congrats!

    we all love and miss you!
    ams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's been a while, Amy! I can post some pics on Facebook - there aren't many before, but I have a few more current ones, and then once the basement is finished I can post pics of the finished product :) Hopefully we can finish in another several weeks and get renters soon. It's a challenge because the house is a good 15 minute drive from our place, so its hard to get there after work... Thanks, about Orono! I am getting pretty excited :)
    Love from us, and miss you bunches!
    Cara Jess

    ReplyDelete